Interested in volunteering?
There are a multitude of ways to support our teachers, students and administrators that can fit into whatever time you have available, during the school day, at night or on the weekend.
Like to help in the classroom?
- Become a classroom docent for art, garden or Project Cornerstone. E-mail the PTA Volunteer Coordinator or the program lead to find out more and/or let him/her know you’re interested in helping with one of these PTA-run programs.
- Contact your child’s teacher to see how he/she prefers to get parents involved in the classroom.
Want to help outside of class?
- Look for PTA roles that might be a good fit for you, or contact the Volunteer Coordinator to learn more.
- At the beginning of the school year, fill out the volunteer interest form that comes home in the Tiger Folder, so we know to contact you when there is an opening that fits your skills.
- Watch for Konstella sign-up sheets or calls for volunteers in your email and respond to help.
Do I need to do anything else to become a volunteer?
Yes! The district requires three things of all campus volunteers: 1) Fill out volunteer paperwork 2) Complete an up-to-date TB test 3) Get fingerprinted. If you have completed steps 2 and 3 in the past 5 years, you only need to complete step 1. Go to this district link to complete these steps.
The district does not allow volunteers in the classroom until all these steps are completed. All volunteers must check in at the electronic sign-in station in the school office before heading to an on-campus volunteer assignment.